BEFORE FRIDAY, 3/9
Watch the following…please discuss on FB.
Consider story, pacing, imagery, etc.
FOR MONDAY, MARCH 19th…
In your notebooks, add:
- Speaking – I will post a file for you to download…
- …you can TRY the button coding, but we will be doing this F2F on 3/19
Be prepared for when we return (in two weeks! March 19th.) by reading the following articles linked on the typography page of this blog (i am too lazy to re-link all!):
- #5: The top ten crimes against typography
- #6: Combining type
- #7: Visuals on kerning & tracking
Peruse the other articles for more good info and even inspiration!
Consider your next TWO assignments:
- The mix/don’t mix typography assignment:
- Review the project specifications.
- As mentioned in the specs, be sure that you have reviewed the type readings and examples above.
- Choose two words – per the directions – that either go together (bread & butter), or do NOT go together. (oil & water).
- Create 5 static screens of these two words together that tell the story of those two words. Use the size and color specs from the assignment.
- The final project. Consider what type of work you are interested in pursuing – interactive, film titles, character animation, rotoscope – and find an example that you admire or would like to aspire to.