Here are the movies viewed in the first week, and why:
An introduction and overview of 2-D animation possibilities.
- The Cinemagraphs of Jamie Beck
- …and more./
- Photo in a different venue. Ashes and Snow
- Drawing isn’t always important; story is! Odd Todd is an oldie, but still surprisingly relevant.
- Frame by frame object animations in 3D…
- …and in 2D.
- Political cartooning in the 21st century.
- Simple is…beautiful: the Bendito Machines are an excellent example of silhouette animation.
- Good stories. Ok, they’re just fun! 30-Second Bunnies
- Typography and motion. NOTE the last example on this list is violent and has “adult language”, a.k.a. swearing.
- Information Graphics gone off: Red Riding Hood, or “Slagsmålsklubben”.
- A sampler of every technique…old school; “Sledge Hammer”.
- Last but not least…What is animation, as defined by Don Hertzfeldt in the intro to “The Animation Show”.